Thursday, June 2, 2011

"White Gowns," an altered book

Wow, I actually have a blog site thanks to my bff Sue who encouraged me and came up with this page design.  The opportunity to share my craft with others and network with all the artists out there is going to be amazing!
I love to make altered books and my latest one, shown below, is "White Gowns," a collection of photos I took at an exhibit last April at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art.  Four ladies from the central coast created elegant gowns made from vintage fabric and new pieces, a lovely collaborative effort producing beautiful gowns.


Yesterday, Sue and I drove to Santa Margarita to meet one of the designers, Jennifer Blue who owns Something Blue.  She designs wedding gowns of extraordinary beauty.  I shared my book and she shared photos of gowns she made and stories of the brides who wore them. Check out Jennifer's web site www.somethingblueandtrue.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment